To obtain a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Services Administration, the student must complete a total of 134 credit hours. These hours span University, College and Department requirements.
Program learning outcomes include:
- Apply knowledge gained from program allied and core courses to perform the skills required for an entry level position or graduate study
- Use critical thinking skills and appropriate strategies to gain insights, make informed decisions, and arrive at new solutions to complex care processes in diverse health care settings and situations.
- Lead and manage innovative multidisciplinary efforts for improving the effectiveness of the health care delivery system.
- Develop and maintain proper competencies in use of various technologies and to access and manage information systems in a variety of health care settings.
- Develop scientifically sound knowledge of the specialty and fluency in communicating with higher administrative circles and scientific meetings or health forums.
- Adopts the emerging roles and responsibilities of managers and supervisors in a wide variety of health care settings and situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of their integral role in the health care system and the organization and interaction of its various components.
- Maintain the desire to be able to continue to learn independently after graduation and a positive attitude to their professional responsibilities.
- Possess high standards of integrity and self-discipline, with the capacity for creativity, originality, and observing ethics principles in their work.
The HSA program at the University of Sharjah prepares students for entry level managerial positions in a variety of health care settings, including, but not limited to hospitals, health centers, and health insurance organizations.
The program emphasizes on the integration of scientific knowledge into the practice of health service administration in a variety of health care settings.
The program provides its graduates with knowledge, problem-solving and life-long learning skills, professional competencies and basic principles necessary for success in a constantly evolving industry of healthcare.
Additionally, it prepares them for graduate level education in health service administration.
- Computer Applications for Healthcare Managers
- Leadership and Management in Health Professions
- Health Economics
- Management in Primary Healthcare
- Healthcare Terminology and Classifications
- Hospital Management
- Health Information Systems
- Human Resources Management in Health Organization
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Health Professions
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 15 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of student passport (valid).
- Copy of UAE National Family Registry for local students.
- Copy of residence visa for non-local students (valid).
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Four recent passport-size colored photographs.
- Health Fitness Certificate. The test must be done in University Hospital or university's clinic or any governmental authority in the UAE.
- Copy of Good Conduct Certificate (valid).
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Copy of UAE National Identity Card (valid).
- AED 360 cash application fees (Non-refundable).
- An English Language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or EmSAT), (Student must hand the original English Language Proficiency Certificate for Majors that requires it before the course registration period).
International12075 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12075 EUR per year during 48 months.
National12075 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12075 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sharjah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.