Biotechnology—integrating biology and technology to create innovative solutions—has enormous potential to feed, fuel and heal. This degree will prepare you to enter this exciting and vital industry with advanced capability and an employability edge.
What will you do?
Like the Bachelor of Biotechnology, the direct-entry Biotechnology (Honours) from University of Adelaide combines biology with aspects of engineering and computer science. During the first three years, you will:
- delve into molecular, genetic, animal and plant biology
- experiment with protein separation, fermentation, genomics and proteomics
- use revolutionary gene editing technology at Australia’s first genome editing facility
- explore microbial biotechnology and bioprocess engineering
- learn how to produce food, drugs and other products
- consider global social, economic, environmental and ethical issues, patents and waste management.
In addition to a Molecular Biology major, you’ll be able to choose a second specialisation in: Bioinformatics; Chemistry; Genetics; or Microbiology and Biomedical Science.
You can also gain valuable work experience through an industry internship. And your research skills will be honed through a major research project and/or industry-related project in your honours year.
- Biology: Molecules, Genes and Cells
- Science or Fiction (Biotechnology)
- Data Science - Becoming Smart About Data
- Biology: Human Perspectives
- Biology: Organisms
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biotechnology View 36 other Bachelors in Biotechnology in Australia
CRICOS code: 103526B
- Selection Rank (International) 75
- International Baccalaureate (IB) 26
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) 18
- United Entrance Certificate (UEC) [Malaysia] 20
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level 7
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 70%
- British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Canada) 70%
International43000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Commonwealth-supported place: $8,021
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.