What will you study?
With many courses taught by registered practising physiotherapists, the degree places an emphasis on real-world experience. In up to 900 hours of work-based training, you’ll work with children and adults of all ages in multiple settings which may include: public and private health organisations; schools; rehabilitation centres; sporting organisations; aged care and more.
By taking the Physiotherapy (Honours) program from University of Adelaide, you’ll gain high-level knowledge and skills in:
- human anatomy, biomechanics and physiology
- clinical assessment and management of patients with cardiothoracic, musculoskeletal and neurological dysfunction, and developmental disorders
- safe patient handling practices and patient education
- broad public health issues
- evidence-based, patient-centred care.
You’ll regularly access our purpose-built training facilities and state-of-the-art simulation suites—among Australasia’s most advanced. In addition, you’ll benefit from collaborative learning with key complementary disciplines, speech pathology and occupational therapy.
From third year, you’ll choose one of two streams—research* or industry—and undertake a major project. Research will hone your skills in developing new knowledge; industry focuses on integrating research into practice.
Qualified physiotherapists have a wide range of career options in metropolitan and rural settings. Physiotherapists work in public and private hospitals, community health care, private practice, aged care, sporting organisations, rehabilitation centres, education, and research.
- Biosciences for Human Health
- Foundations of Health and Wellbeing
- Evidence Based Practice in Allied Health
- Physiotherapy Exercise Prescription and Activity
- Clinical Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Anatomy of Upper Limb, Head and Neuroscience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 81 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Adelaide and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 0101679
- One of the following subjects: - SACE Stage 2 Biology or, - SACE Stage 2 Chemistry or, - SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods, OR equivalent. MathTrackX is an online bridging program available as a recognised alternative to Mathematical Methods.
- Selection Rank (International) 90
- International Baccalaureate (IB) 34
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) 22
- United Entrance Certificate (UEC) [Malaysia] 5
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level 12
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 85%
International41000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Commonwealth-supported place: $8,655
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.