What will you do?
- Explore core mechanical engineering disciplines
- Build fundamental statistical and mathematical knowledge.
- Study complex computer systems and theories.
- Complete an eight-week practical engineering experience.
- Benefit from internships, placements and projects with experts in the field.
This is a 5-year double, not combined degree. You’ll graduate with two separate parchments, a greater scope of career prospects and a competitive edge in the job market.
This Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences program from University of Adelaide is accredited by Engineers Australia.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical) are leaders with sought-after skills and attributes. Industry demand for our graduates is high, and will continue to grow. Opportunities exist in many fields, including: combustion, noise and vibration control, energy technology, control systems, robotics, quality management, bioengineering, aeronautics, space, fluid mechanics, water supply, mining, manufacturing, production planning, maintenance planning, consumer product design, pollution control, and failure analysis. Our graduates have gone on to work with a range of organisations including the European Space Station, the Australian Institute of Sport, Boeing, BAE Systems, Santos, SAAB, and AGL.
The Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences prepares graduates for a wide variety of industries. Recent graduates have been employed by organisations such as the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), United Water, Santos, the Bureau of Meteorology and the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Additionally, graduates find work in consulting engineering firms, the pharmaceutical industry, the telecommunications industry, biomedical research industries and institutes, banks and insurance companies, state and federal government agencies, and research and academic organisations all over the world.
Graduates qualify for professional membership of Engineers Australia
- Electronic Systems
- Programming (Matlab and C)
- Systems Engineering and Industry Practice
- Research Methods and Project Management
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mathematics Computer Sciences View 68 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
CRICOS code: 082109G
- SACE Stage 2: Mathematical Methods , Specialist Mathematics and Physics. IB: Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches (HL) and Physics (SL grade 4/ HL grade 3) MathTrackX is an online bridging program available as a recognised alternative to Mathematical Methods.
- Selection Rank (International) 80
- International Baccalaureate (IB) 29
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) 19
- United Entrance Certificate (UEC) [Malaysia] 15
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level 9
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 75%
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 60 months.
Commonwealth-supported place: $7,820
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.