What will you do?
- Build technical skills for tackling problems around water, energy, food, pollution, waste, and natural hazards.
- Discover the connections between infrastructure, environment, society, and economy in the developed and developing world.
- Gain fundamental statistical and mathematical knowledge.
- Study complex computer systems and theories.
- Complete an eight-week practical engineering experience.
- Apply your learning to real-world projects based on industry needs.
This is a 5-year Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Environmental and Climate Solutions) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences program from University of Adelaide, not combined degree. You’ll graduate with two separate parchments, a greater scope of career prospects and a competitive edge in the job market.
The employment outlook for environmental engineers is excellent. Global concern is rising about water resources, energy, food security, pollution, waste, natural hazards and climate change. New industries are emerging in response to these challenges, focused on developing sustainable solutions. The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Environmental and Climate Solutions) prepares graduates for careers across a range of fields, including: water resources; energy; recycling; pollution; natural hazards; transport; natural resources; infrastructure; defence; and information technology. Opportunities are likely within multinational companies, engineering consulting firms, government departments, water authorities, and research organisations.
The Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences prepares graduates for a wide variety of industries. Recent graduates have been employed by organisations such as the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), United Water, Santos, the Bureau of Meteorology and the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Additionally, graduates find work in consulting engineering firms, the pharmaceutical industry, the telecommunications industry, biomedical research industries and institutes, banks and insurance companies, state and federal government agencies, and research and academic organisations all over the world.
- Transportation Engineering & Survey
- Environmental Modelling and Simulation
- Hydrology for Engineers
- Computer Systems
- Algorithm & Data Structure Analysis
- Software Engineering & Project
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Mathematics Computer Sciences View 168 other Bachelors in Mathematics in Australia
CRICOS code: 097235A
- SACE Stage 2: Mathematical Methods (if studied from 2017 onwards. If studied year 12 prior to 2017, the equivalent subject was called Mathematical Studies), Specialist Mathematics and Chemistry. IB: Mathematics (HL grade 3, Chemistry (SL grade 4/ HL grade 3) MathTrackX is an online bridging program available as a recognised alternative to Mathematical Methods.
- Selection Rank (International) 80
- International Baccalaureate (IB) 29
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) 19
- United Entrance Certificate (UEC) [Malaysia] 15
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level 9
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 75%
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 60 months.
Commonwealth-supported place: $8,021
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.