What will you do?
- Study engineering concepts in state-of-the-art facilities, including a 3D prototyping lab, autonomous vehicles lab, and electric machines lab.
- Take core subjects in maths, physics, computing and systems engineering.
- Build fundamental knowledge in statistics and mathematical modelling.
- Study complex computer systems and theories.
- Work on practical and relevant projects with industry partners.
- Complete an eight-week practical engineering experience.
This is a 5-year Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences program from University of Adelaide, not combined degree. You’ll graduate with two separate parchments, a greater scope of career prospects and a competitive edge in the job market.
Now and into the future, Australia and the world will need electrical and electronic engineers to work in all areas of industry—from mining and power distribution, to infrastructure, computing, medical technology, defence, communications systems, e-commerce and advanced manufacturing. The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic) provides students with the technical knowledge and skills for rewarding careers across this vast vocational range, and is highly regarded by employers. Graduates have secured roles with leading technology companies worldwide—including Google—and with companies across the defence, energy and electronics sectors.The Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences prepares graduates for a wide variety of industries. Recent graduates have been employed by organisations such as the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), United Water, Santos, the Bureau of Meteorology and the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Additionally, graduates find work in consulting engineering firms, the pharmaceutical industry, the telecommunications industry, biomedical research industries and institutes, banks and insurance companies, state and federal government agencies, and research and academic organisations all over the world.
This program is accredited by Engineers Australia.
- Digital Systems
- Electronic Circuits
- Electric Energy Conversion
- Algorithm Design & Data Structures
- Algorithm & Data Structure Analysis
- Software Engineering & Project
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences View 47 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Australia
CRICOS code: 082099E
- SACE Stage 2: Mathematical Methods , Specialist Mathematics and Physics. IB: Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches (HL) and Physics (SL grade 4/ HL grade 3) MathTrackX is an online bridging program available as a recognised alternative to Mathematical Methods.
- Selection Rank (International) 80
- International Baccalaureate (IB) 29
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) 19
- United Entrance Certificate (UEC) [Malaysia] 15
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level 9
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 75%
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 60 months.
Commonwealth-supported place: $7,745
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.