Teaching is a wonderful career. Employment prospects are excellent due to a shortage of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) teachers in these subjects, and teachers recently received a 13.5% pay increase.
Our unique Education and Curricular Studies with Teaching Qualification course at the University of Strathclyde offers a pathway from an HND to an honours degree with a teaching qualification, opening up a career opportunity not available until now.
- There is currently a shortage of Secondary school teachers for both Home Economics and Technological Education. There are opportunities for employment throughout Scotland and beyond.
- The Teacher Induction Scheme provides guaranteed employment for one school year following graduation, should graduates be eligible and decide to accept a place on this scheme. Although most of our graduates go on to teach in Scottish state schools, obtaining this qualification opens up opportunities to teach throughout the UK or internationally.
- Curricular Studies
- Academic Literacy and Communication
- Professionalism and Teacher Identity
- Professional Values and Education Studies
- Professional Learning Through Enquiry
- Professional Skills and Abilities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 189 other Bachelors in Teaching in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English A-C and Nat 5 Maths or equivalent (or must be gained by the end of Year 3).
- Relevant HND from a college in Scotland or equivalent.
- The most suitable HNDs include both a practical element and a theoretical side in food or in fashion, e.g. HND Fashion and Textile Technology, HND Professional Cookery.
- The most suitable HNDs are in engineering and include Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Jewellery Design and Manufacture, CAD, Environmental, Aerospace, Naval, Architecture, Marine, and Product Design with Engineering (but not Product Design alone).
International9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- England, Wales & Northern Ireland: £9,250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.