Students focus on understanding and teaching students with a range of mild and moderate disabilities.
Courses within the Special Education (Cross Categorical Special Education) program at University of Missouri - Columbia address foundational principles of how to teach students with special needs, including methods in mathematics and literacy, behavior management, language, and introduction and methods in cross categorical instruction, among others.
Common Career Paths
You can do nearly anything with a Mizzou degree, but here are some common career paths taken by graduates of this major:
- Customer Service Representatives
- Special Education Teachers, All Other
- Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten and Elementary School
- Special Education Teachers, Middle School
- Special Education Teachers, Preschool
- Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Training and Development Managers
- Training and Development Specialists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Language Development of Exceptional Students
- Cross Categorical Special Education
- Cross-Categorical Special Education: Practicum
- Behavioral and Classroom Management
- Literacy in Special Education
- Methods in Cross-Categorical Special Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3614 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Complete the required core coursework with the required grades.
- Meet the English language requirements.
- Submit all of the required application materials.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher on a U.S. 4.0 scale.
- Proof of financial support.
- Scanned copy of your passport.
- Transfer authorization (for F-1 and J-1 transfer students only).
International31734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31734 USD per year during 48 months.
National31734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13128 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.