Open the door to a career in health. This flexible Bachelor of Health Sciences course at La Trobe University gives you a broad understanding of the health sciences field and lets you pursue up to two specialised areas including:
- Health and medical sciences (Melbourne (Bundoora) only)
Gain practical skills and knowledge in relation to the physiological and anatomical principles of the human body.
- Public health
Learn the skills needed for public health research and develop strengths in health policy, law and ethics.
- Health promotion
Acquire the practical skills and knowledge needed to promote people's health.
- Rehabilitation counselling
- Understand how the counselling process helps people achieve personal, career and independent living goals.
- Health, wellbeing and performance (Melbourne (Bundoora) only)
Apply cognitive behavioural techniques to improve athlete performance, concentration, motivation, fitness and health.
Skilled health science professionals can gain employment in a variety of roles that include:
- Public health manager
Develop policies to protect public health.
- Health promotion coordinator
Oversee good health practices to promote the wellbeing of community groups.
- Sustainability specialist
Implement sustainable practices in the workplace.
- Rehabilitation counsellor
Assist individuals with disabilities to improve their quality of life.
- Occupational health and safety officer
Monitor and enforce health and safety procedures in the workplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Biosciences
- Individual Determinants of Health
- Professional Practice
- Research and Evidence in Practice
- Social Determinants of Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 347 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 062598G
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36000 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8192 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8192 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.