Elective subjects with a choice of minor sequences in Human Relationships and Neuroscience gives you the flexibility to work towards the career you want. In this Bachelor of Psychological Science at La Trobe University you'll learn:
- Analytical, research and communication skills
Learn skills that are essential to your future career in psychology.
- Clinical and health psychology
Gain an understanding of how to help people cope with mental and physical disorders.
- Developmental and social psychology
Understand how environmental factors contribute to peoples' psychological makeup.
- Psychological assessment, intervention and research
Become familiar with methods to understand and measure people's psychological state.
As a graduate, you'll have flexible pathways toward careers that include:
- Clinical psychologist
- Assess people's psychological state.
- Diagnose and develop a management plan for treatment and recovery.
- Manage caseloads and referrals.
- Counsel patients, document sessions, report to management and liaise with government departments when necessary.
- Public health worker
- Use your knowledge and expertise to support your patients and their communities.
- Monitor people's health, inform, educate and empower people to improve their quality of life.
- Document cases and develop strategies to solve health problems.
- Rehabilitation worker
- Work with people suffering from addiction and help them achieve meaning and stability in their lives.
- Youth worker
- Work with youth to help them stay healthy, happy and well adjusted.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Psychological Assessment
- Scientific Foundations of Psychology
- Psychological Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 50 other Bachelors in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 002915G
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39600 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8118 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8118 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.