The health systems are underpinned by information – from individual medical records to population-level healthcare statistics. The success of modern healthcare relies on this information being recorded and shared effectively, efficiently and ethically.
Build the foundation of your skills in Health Information Management in your first year of study at La Trobe University . Then deepen your technical and professional expertise throughout the rest of your degree, including 55 days of supervised professional placement.
With the perfect blend of expertise and experience, you'll graduate ready to work in all areas of healthcare – from hospitals and community health centres to specialist disease registries.
When you graduate from the Bachelor of Health Information Management at La Trobe University, you'll be well-placed to find employment in a range of healthcare industries, including hospitals, community health centres and specialist disease registries.
Possible roles include:
- Health information manager
- Manage and secure patient records while meeting the medical, legal, ethical, and administrative requirements of healthcare delivery.
- Clinical coder
- Record healthcare data by translating descriptions of medical diagnoses and procedures into codes.
- Healthcare data analyst
- Acquire, analyse, and translate healthcare data, and provide actionable insights to physicians, clinical researchers, and decision-makers.
- Medical research officer
- Lead research projects, analyse and interpret data, and liaise with clinical collaborators.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health in Australia
- Making Sense of Data
- Data Analytics in Healthcare
- Management of Health Information
- Understanding Digital Health
- Health Informatics
- Health Information Governance
- Human Pathophysiology
- Ethics and Law of Health Information
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Health Administration Health Informatics View 154 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 106398C
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL.
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in one of Biology, Chemistry, any Mathematics, Physical Education or Physics.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40400 AUD per year during 36 months.
National7516 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7516 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.