Study core subjects examining the history of international relations and geopolitics, contemporary security issues – such as American power, the rise of China, contemporary armed conflict and terrorism – and the emerging challenges of human and environmental security, all in this Bachelor of Global Studies at La Trobe University .
Look at international cooperation and conflict. Analyse the dynamics of power, sovereignty and security, exploring transformational changes in 21st century international relations. Investigate the powerful role of international law – including humanitarian, environmental and refugee law.
Whatever your ambition, tailor your degree with specially curated majors and minors that allow you to explore the geopolitical and humanitarian forces shaping our world. Choose from international relations, human rights, conflict and negotiation, Asian politics and security, and government and policy. You can also broaden your career opportunities with a range of optional second majors and double majors.
Global experiences are a vital part of global studies. Get out of the classroom and into the real world with a study experience at one of our overseas partner universities and build both your skills and your professional network. You'll also have the opportunity to do an internship, either in Australia or overseas, that's tailored to your career goals.
After graduation, you'll have the skills and experience to pursue roles in government, inter-governmental agencies and international organisations.
You could build a career in fields including:
- Foreign affairs
- Take a lead role in government relations working with foreign governments, organisations and businesses in a regional and global context.
- International trade
- Apply a global perspective to support businesses to operate across borders while navigating different cultures and regulatory systems.
- Policy analyst
- Guide public policy by playing an important role in the creation, implementation and evaluation of policies and regulations.
- Humanitarian support
- Support local communities to improve their wellbeing and access to services and basic human necessities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- States, Security and International Relations
- International Law and Organisations
- Issues in Global Politics
- Bachelor of Global Studies
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 73 other Bachelors in Political Science in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 106465H
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32800 AUD per year during 36 months.
National13782 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13782 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.