Specific areas of interest may include learning theory, technology in education (including game design), educational and community leadership, organizational change, and policy.
Educational Studies (Educational Leadership) coursework at University of Missouri - Columbia provides a foundation in educational theory, research, and practice that engage students in settings where they can influence change (e.g., schools; international contexts; student affairs; churches; sports, non-profit, and private organizations).
Common Career Paths
You can do nearly anything with a Mizzou degree, but here are some common career paths taken by graduates of this major:
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Education Administrators, All Other
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Educational Instruction and Library Workers, All Other
- Instructional Coordinators
- The College of Education will not recommend certification to teach in the public schools on the basis of this degree. The Bachelor of Educational Studies may be completed on campus or online.
- Students interested in this degree on campus may complete an individualized major course of study developed with an advisor from the office of Advising Services.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Educational Psychology Educational Leadership View 327 other Bachelors in Educational Psychology in United States
- Complete the required core coursework with the required grades.
- Meet the English language requirements.
- Submit all of the required application materials.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher on a U.S. 4.0 scale.
- Proof of financial support.
- Scanned copy of your passport.
- Transfer authorization (for F-1 and J-1 transfer students only).
International31734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31734 USD per year during 48 months.
National31734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31734 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13128 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.