Nottingham Trent University's nursing degree isn’t just distinguished by the amount of time you’ll spend on placement – it’s how early those placements opportunities arrive on your course.
From the outset, we’ll ensure you’re in hands-on, practice-based environments, supporting local healthcare providers and putting your theoretical skills to the test.
Alongside the “interprofessional” nature of our teaching – which connects you with experts from across the sector, broadening your skills and knowledge – you’ll have the perfect grounding in learning disabilities nursing.
Careers and employabilityAs a Nursing (Learning Disabilities) (Hons) graduate, you could pursue a career as a:
- Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse
- Community Nurse
- Team Nurse Manager
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Consultant Nurse
- Lead Nurse
- Nursing Practice
- Integrative Nursing Practice
- Foundations Applied Nursing Practice
- Evidence in Nursing Practice
- Biopsychosocial Approaches in Nursing Practice
- Applied Nursing Practice in Complex Care
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 965 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels – BBC; or
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DMM; or
- 112 UCAS Tariff points from three A-levels or equivalent qualifications; and
- GCSEs – English, Maths and a Health or Science related subject grade C / 4 or Level 2 (or above).
- We will consider equivalent qualifications and combinations, please see UCAS course search for details.
- If you are working towards your GCSE English Literature or English Language, Maths and / or Health/Science subject or equivalent qualification, please ensure you mention this on your application form.
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.