This Special Education - Visual Impairment BAE program offered at Arizona State University provides a strong foundation in evidence-based, high-leverage practices in special education. The visual impairment concentration focuses on diagnostic assessment, orientation and mobility skills, and specific teaching methodologies for students with visual impairments. It includes a strong focus on assistive technology to advance learning in the classroom and in daily life. Candidates are taught to work collaboratively with parents, classroom teachers and related service personnel to meet the unique needs of students with visual impairments. The curriculum is aligned with Arizona and national standards consistent with the Council for Exceptional Children.
Graduates are certified to teach in a variety of special education settings such as resource rooms, self-contained classrooms and co-teaching with general educators. This degree and accompanying concentrations carries with it reciprocity with all other states to allow the certification candidates to teach in other states. Additional opportunities in the field of education also exist in terms of state agencies, curriculum design and private school opportunities.
- Classroom and SPE Assessment
- Methods of Cross-Categorical Special Education
- Diagnostic and Assessment: Procedures for the Visually Impaired
- Modes of Communication
- Reading and Writing Braille
- Teaching Methodologies for Students with Visual Impairments
- Educational Psychology for Future Teachers
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 3618 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Complete the undergraduate application for admission.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee (Arizona residents: $50; Domestic nonresidents: $70; International nonresidents: $85).
- Request your official transcript and examination results be sent directly from your school(s) or exam board to Admission Services.
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores.
- All international students planning to attend Arizona State University will need to first apply for an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student visa.
International31200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31200 USD per year during 48 months.
National28800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10710 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.