By taking the Mechatronics Engineering (Honours) - Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Honours) program at the University of Newcastle you will become an engineer capable of solving the world’s greatest challenges. As a mechatronics engineer you may develop companion robots to help care for our aging population. You could design drones that assist in search and rescue operations following a natural disaster. Or, join our team of precision mechatronics researchers and work on medical solutions such as an endoscopic ‘pill robot’ for non-invasive 3D imaging and intervention.
Why study with us?
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your degree.
- Travel the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia. You can even start while you’re studying with international exchanges and scholarships available.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your combined engineering degree.
Mechatronic engineers play an essential role in a growing number of fields. They might take up careers in the robotics, aerospace, chemical, defence, automotive, marine, manufacturing, mining or finance industries. Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
Mechatronic Engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- industrial automation engineer
- robotics designer
- smart infrastructure designer
- avionics engineer
- data communications engineer
It’s also common for engineers to take on senior leadership roles in innovative businesses. The CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers. In fact, engineering is the most common degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs!
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Digital and Computer Electronics
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Engineering Materials
- 60 months
- 144 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
- Semester 2 only for domestic students.
- It is recommended international students submit application a minimum of 12 weeks before start date.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Mechatronics View 53 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 093504F
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools
International38455 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38455 AUD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.