Students interested in the Media Arts and Communication Studies combined major at Northeastern University integrate the study of communication skills and processes with the study of the creation of the narrative arts, required for professional work in documentary film, game art and promotion, visualization, motion graphics, interactive art, illustration, and short animated films.
- Editorial Photographer
- Photo Editor
- Art Director
- Art Producer
- Sound/Audio Designer
- Communication Criticism
- Free Speech: Law and Practice
- Crisis Communication and Image Management
- Interpersonal Communication
- Public Relations Principles
- Theories of Conflict and Negotiation
- Communication in a Digital Age
- Modern Art and Design History
- Survey of the Still and Moving Image
- Photo Tools
- Animation Basics
- Video Basics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Early decision: November 1
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 1383 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your Common Application or Coalition Application
- Your application must be submitted by the deadline, along with either the application fee ($75) or a fee waiver request.
- Your Secondary School Report and Official High School Transcript must be submitted directly from your high school.
- Optional Standardized Testing.
- All applicants from US and international high schools will be able to choose to submit standardized testing (SAT or ACT) or not.
- Non-native English-speaking applicants must continue to submit official results from an approved English Language Test or request a waiver through the Application Status Check.
- English Proficiency: All students, regardless of citizenship must demonstrate English language proficiency when applying to Northeastern.
International59100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59100 USD per year during 48 months.
National59100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59100 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.