In our Dental Academy, you’ll develop skills that allow you to complete treatments on patients, such as fillings, radiographs and impressions. You’ll study and develop your skills alongside other members of the dental team.
After you complete the course, you’ll be able to register with the General Dental Council (GDC) as a Dental Hygienist and Dental Therapist and embark on a career treating patients in locations such as dental practices and in community dental services.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and professionalism you need to provide dental care to patients and become a trusted member of the dental team
- Study on a course that's professionally accredited by the General Dental Council (GDC), providing industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification
- Practise the skills you’ll use in your career in our model clinical practice, with dental treatment bays and simulation technology including our Phantom Head skill lab and radiography equipment
- Work in a dental team alongside dentists, dental nurses and other students, giving you a taste of your future work environment
- Have the chance to take part in community healthcare projects, providing additional patient-focused work experience
Careers and opportunities
When you complete the course you can register with the General Dental Council (GDC). You'll be qualified to work in areas such as:
- general dental practice
- hospital dental services
- the Armed Forces
- the NHS
- health promotion
- owning and managing a dental business of your own
Roles the graduates have taken on include:
Roles our graduates have taken on include:
- dental hygienist and therapist
- oral health educator
- practice manager
- practice owner
This course is accredited by the General Dental Council (GDC). This allows you to register with the GDC when you complete the course.
The GDC continually assess the course to make sure it meets the standard required for accreditation, so you'll know you're getting the most relevant and up-to-date teaching available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Skills Training Framework
- Foundation of Evidence Based Practice
- Foundations of DHDT Professional Practice
- Fundamentals of Dental Hygiene & Therapy Practice
- Science Informing Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry View 45 other Bachelors in Dentistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points – 128–136 points from 3 A levels, or equivalent, including 40 points from a pure Science subject For A levels which include a separate science practical component, a pass is desirable and may strengthen an application (calculate your UCAS points)
- BTECs (Extended Diplomas) – DDD–DDM
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU, EEA or Swiss students: A Transition Scholarship will be applied to your fees reducing them to the same amount as UK students.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.