Students receive coaching from world-renowned faculty and visiting guest artists, attend masterclasses, and receive extensive performance experience in large ensembles as a chamber musician and as a soloist.
Students study a specific orchestral instrument intensively with a faculty member for eight semesters including major repertoire, solo literature and chamber music. Training is focused toward preparing students for a career in orchestral or chamber groups, in military bands or as a private lesson instructor. Students learn skills that prepare them for auditions and learn how to network with other musicians, how to market themselves professionally, and how to schedule and organize recitals and performances.
Graduates from the Performance - Orchestral Instrument BMus program offered at Arizona State University are prepared to work in various professional or entrepreneurial capacities, including:
- performing as a concert soloist, as a freelance musician in venues such as art galleries, churches, clubs, cruise ships, resorts, restaurants and theme parks, or performing in orchestras, chamber music ensembles, music theatre and opera pit ensembles
- presenting school and community programs
- recording and studio work
- teaching privately or as part of a college or university program
- working in music-related fields such as media production, music business, publishing and marketing
Many graduates pursue a master's degree or a doctorate in music or in another professional field.
- Studio Instruction
- Instrumental Ensembles
- Chamber Music Ensembles
- Performance Pedagogy and Materials
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 500 other Bachelors in Music Performance in United States
- Applicants must submit an ASU application for undergraduate admission in addition to a separate School of Music, Dance and Theatre application.
- Admission to the music program is highly selective and based on an audition process. Students are admitted as music audition students and must successfully complete the audition before enrolling in music major courses.
- Complete the undergraduate application for admission.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee (Arizona residents: $50; Domestic nonresidents: $70; International nonresidents: $85).
- Request your official transcript and examination results be sent directly from your school(s) or exam board to Admission Services.
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores.
- All international students planning to attend Arizona State University will need to first apply for an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student visa.
International32760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32760 USD per year during 48 months.
National29952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29952 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10978 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.