Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies, television shows and social media platforms to learn what it takes to succeed in the film and media industries. Explore how technological advances are transforming how society creates and consumes media. Engage in interactive courses and experiential learning, including screenwriting workshops and film festivals.
The Film - Film and Media Studies BA program offered at Arizona State University provides students with the analytical, creative and communication skills to interpret and produce media texts, empowering them to be critical scholars, consumers and practitioners of media culture.
The Film - Film and Media Studies BA program offered at Arizona State University provides undergraduates with skills that can be applied in a number of professional fields, including as leaders within these areas of the media and entertainment industries:
- creative management
Some graduates of film and media studies have gone on to pursue graduate studies at prestigious universities while others elect to begin their careers. Graduates are prepared for employment as executives, screenwriters, producers, reviewers, teachers, marketers, analysts and bloggers.
- Television Studies
- Emerging Digital Media
- Race and Gender in U.S. Media
- Contemporary American Film and Popular Culture
- Film and Media Visionaries
- Television and Sexuality
- Film Theory and Criticism
- Women and Power in Media
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media Theatre & Dance View 1446 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Complete the undergraduate application for admission.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee (Arizona residents: $50; Domestic nonresidents: $70; International nonresidents: $85).
- Request your official transcript and examination results be sent directly from your school(s) or exam board to Admission Services.
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores.
- All international students planning to attend Arizona State University will need to first apply for an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student visa.
International32760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32760 USD per year during 48 months.
National29952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29952 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10978 USD per year during 48 months.
- Online (resident): $10,978 per year
- Online (non-resident): $13,428 per year
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.