The early semesters of the Mechanical Engineering degree from National University of Singapore provide hands-on experiences in foundational engineering subjects, such as materials, design and systems-thinking. Throughout your course, you also build a broad base in mechanical engineering fundamentals, which you put into practice through an internship, along with a group design project and a capstone individual project.
You may gain deeper insights into a specific area by choosing one of four specialisations, or experience a different culture through various study abroad options. Our programme is designed to give you flexibility and well-rounded perspectives on top of technical depth and rigour, so you are prepared for a professional career as a mechanical engineer, as well as for higher studies.
Upon completion of the BEng (Mechanical Engineering) program, the students will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, natural science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Investigation: Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for the sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and economic decision-making, and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long Learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
The B.Eng (ME) programme is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB) of Singapore, which is a signatory of the Washington Accord.
- Engineering Innovation and Modelling
- Strength of Materials
- Mechanics of Machines
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics I
- Feedback Control Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
160 modular credits
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 4 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level: A Level Applicants with H1/H2/H3 Results: H2 pass in Mathematics or Further Mathematics AND either Physics# or Chemistry
- A Level Applicants with ‘A’/ ‘AO’ Results: ‘A’-Level pass in Mathematics AND either Physics# or Chemistry
- NUS High School Diploma: A good major CAP in Mathematics AND either Physics# or Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: Pass in HL Mathematics and either HL Physics^ or Chemistry
International11046 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11046 EUR per year during 48 months.
National5161 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5161 EUR per year during 48 months.
Singapore Citizens: S$8,200/Per annum
Singapore Permanent Residents: S$11,500
International Students (Inclusive of GST): S$17,550
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.