Chemical processes involve reactions, heat transfer, separations and biological phenomena to produce useful and valuable products. Accordingly, they study changes in the composition, energy content and/or state of aggregation of materials taking into consideration the nature of matter and its properties (chemistry), the forces that act on matter (physics), similar aspects of biological materials (biology), and the relationships between them (mathematics).
Chemical Engineering at National University of Singapore differs from chemistry and applied chemistry programmes, with its emphasis on industrial applications of chemical reactions, separations and techniques for designing and operating economical, safe and environmentally benign processes.
Programme educational objectives (PEOs)
- Excel in careers in petro/chemical, bio/pharmaceutical, food, biotechnology, microelectronics, energy, materials or other industries that require strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Pursue advanced degrees or certifications in engineering, computing, data analytics, safety, business, and medicine.
- Display leadership with contemporary and global outlook.
- Continue to demonstrate high-level of (a) professionalism, ethical and social responsibility, and (b) independent learning, and desire for life-long learning.
- Chemical Engineering Principles and Practice
- Chemical Engineering Principles and Practice II 4
- Mass and Energy Balance
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer
- Reaction Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
160 modular credits
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Chemistry View 5 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students who wish to enrol in the Chemical Engineering programme must have obtained ‘H2’ (or equivalent such as A-level) passes in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics, in addition to the minimum requirements for application to the University. Students without H1 or H2/ ‘A’ level Physics need to have ‘O’ level or equivalent in Physics, and will be required to take specified Physics bridging modules. If admitted, students are enrolled directly into the Chemical Engineering programme.
- NUS High School Diploma: A good major CAP in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: Pass in HL Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
International11046 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11046 EUR per year during 48 months.
National5161 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5161 EUR per year during 48 months.
Singapore Citizens: S$8,200/Per annum
Singapore Permanent Residents: S$11,500
International Students (Inclusive of GST): S$17,550
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.