The undergraduate degree in Chemistry (Hons) from National University of Singapore prepares students for careers as qualified chemists. It also provides a foundation for careers in many other diverse fields. Its curriculum is grounded in both experimental applications and theoretical studies. It also offers breadth and depth, covering fundamental knowledge of the major fields of chemistry, namely: analytical; inorganic; organic and physical chemistry, which can be applied to many scientific fields.
Flagship Programme: Chemistry as a Primary Major
- A 4-year undergraduate B.Sc. (Hons) degree with flexibility in depth of study.
- Choose your first Major in Chemistry (with option for Specialisation in Chemical Research), or elect to do a Second Major in Chemistry, Minor in Chemistry, or Minor in Analytical Chemistry.
- Graduate with Major in Chemistry degree with the CHS framework by reading 11 core and 4 elective chemistry modules in different exciting and relevant areas of chemistry.
- Option of pursuing undergraduate research work in a world-leading research laboratories as part of requirement towards Specialisation in Chemical Research. B.Sc. (Hons) students with strong research aptitude and inclination will be considered for sponsored Ph.D. programme under scholarship.
- Learn finest and cutting-edge knowledge directly from excellent teaching and research faculty in the Department of Chemistry, who possess strong expertise in a wide variety of chemistry sub-disciplines.
- Chemistry – The Central Science
- Chemistry of Elements
- Organic Chemistry in Life and Medicine
- Foundations of Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Synthesis of Natural Products and Pharmaceuticals
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Pharmacy View 5 other Bachelors in Physics in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you are an international applicant seeking admission to NUS, you should have completed or are completing high school, that is, at least twelve years of general education by July of the year of application.
- Application closing dates apply according to your high school qualification. Unless otherwise specified, your complete application with all supporting documents must reach the Office of Admissions by the application closing date.
- The admission requirements are for ‘A’ Level graduates are you should possess a good H2 pass in Chemistry or its equivalent, whereas for Polytechnic graduates, you should possess good diploma in related courses such as Chemical Process Technology, Process/Chemical Engineering.
International11046 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11046 EUR per year during 48 months.
National5161 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5161 EUR per year during 48 months.
Singapore Citizens: S$8,200/Per annum
Singapore Permanent Residents: S$11,500
International Students (Inclusive of GST): S$17,550
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.