Our Genetics degree will give you an in-depth knowledge of these fundamental building blocks of all life on earth. You will learn techniques for analysing gene expression, protein interactions, DNA structure and damage, image analysis of biomolecules and cells, and advanced computer analytical methods.
The Medical Genetics with a Foundation Year BSc degree from Swansea University is part of our Pathway to Medicine programme. Provided you meet the minimum entry requirements for Graduate Entry Medicine, and have successfully completed the Pathway, you will be guaranteed an interview for our flagship Graduate Entry Medicine MBBCh course.
A degree in Medical Genetics opens up a range of exciting careers and opportunities for further study in diverse fields including:
- Forensic science
- Genetic Counsellor
- NHS Scientist Training Programme
- Physician Associate
- Human Immunology
- Techniques in Molecular Biology
- Human and Medical Genetics
- Microbial Molecular Genetics
- Doctors, patients & the goals of medicine
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Genetics View 536 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels/Welsh Baccalaureate: CCD which must include Biology
- IB: 24 to include Higher Level grade 4 Biology
- BTEC: Typically DMM including a good Biology profile
- As well as one of the above qualification types all applicants are required:
- GCSE: English and Maths minimum Grade C Wales (England Pre-2017) or Grade 4 (England Post-2017)*
- We accept Swansea University approved equivalent qualifications.
International19050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19050 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.