If you’re already working in security, or want to break into the field, this flexible BSc (Hons) Risk and Security Management distance learning degree course will give you an advanced understanding of topics that have a critical impact on society. Study anywhere that suits you while developing your potential as a security professional in disciplines such as strategic and operational management, risk management, security management, business continuity management, cyber security, investigations and counter fraud.
Developed by leading researchers in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, in collaboration with the private security sector, you'll learn to understand crime and risk at a specialist level through study of the latest security and risk management techniques, processes and approaches.
Careers and opportunities after Risk and Security Management (Distance Learning) (Hons) at University of Portsmouth
96% of course graduates are in work or further study 15 months after they graduate and 90% of those graduates are in highly skilled work in welfare, protective services and housing, as managers, directors, senior officials and public service associates.
What's more, 93% of course graduates find their work meaningful. So the skills you’ll learn on our course are in high demand and are likely to set you up for progression into a senior professional role you're passionate about.
10% of our graduates go onto further study alongside their work, and you could also continue your studies to a PhD or other postgraduate qualification, such as our Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management Master's and a Professional Doctorate in Security Risk Management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules include:
- Essential Skills for Criminal Justice Studies
- Criminal Justice and the Legal System
- Organisational and Security Management
- Risk and Crisis Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 54 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Risk Management Cyber Security View 10 other Bachelors in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no specific qualification requirements, we will assess your application on its own merits. Applicants may be required to produce a short written artefact to better assist the course leader as to the suitability of the applicant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3080 GBP per year during 54 months.
National3080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3080 GBP per year during 54 months.
- UK/Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and International students – £3,080 per year (years 1-4) and £1,540 a year (year 5) (may be subject to annual increase)
- EU students – £3,080 per year (years 1-4) and £1,540 a year (year 5) (including Transition Scholarship – may be subject to annual increase)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.