Junior and senior Theatre - Lighting Design and Technology students at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign participate in advanced study in their chosen discipline supported by one-on-one faculty mentoring of assigned projects.
- Students in this area are the designers, technicians, managers, artisans and crew for over a dozen theater, musical theater, dance and opera productions at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts and work on these shows in various roles throughout their entire course of study.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Lighting Design
- The Lighting Laboratory
- Business of Entertainment Design
- Professional Lighting Systems
- Software for Lighting Design
- Principles of Stage Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 2183 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in United States
- You'll provide your high school courses/grades, choose your major and a second choice, complete our writing prompts, and list your extracurricular activities, honors, and awards.
- List your high school courses and grades exactly as they appear on your transcript.
- We are test-optional, meaning you’re not required to submit ACT and/or SAT test results when you apply.
- If you choose to report your scores, enter your highest test scores for the ACT composite and/or the SAT total without super-scoring, along with the highest sub-scores you earned in each category regardless of test date.
- Pay the application fee.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, check its status by clicking on your application in myIllini.
International35206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35206 USD per year during 48 months.
National34316 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34316 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16866 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16866 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.