Bioinformatics is an area of study which intersects biotechnology and computing science. It applies computer science and information technology to processing of biological data.
This is a field with enormous possibilities in advancing medicine, agriculture and other biology-related areas. With the support of our lecturers, your analytical and problem-solving skills will be enhanced through collaborative, group-based assessments and projects.
In your final yearv of the Bioinformatics (Hons) programme from Management and Science University, you will undertake an industrial placement to gain real working experience.
- Bioinformatics Research Scientist
- Biology Informatics Software Engineer
- Pharmacogenetics Scientist
- Computational Biologist
- Genome and Protein Analysis Scientist
- Pharmaceutical Drug Designer
- Software Engineer
- Information Technology Engineer/Programme
- E-Health and Ethics in Bioinformatics
- Cell and Tissue Biology
- General Genetics
- Molecular Biology
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- JAVA Programming
- Informatics Ecology and Environment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 12 other Bachelors in Bioinformatics in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Passed STPM/equivalent, with Grade C (2.00 CGPA) in two (2) subjects and Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or grade C (2.00 CGPA) at STPM level; OR
- Passed STAM with Jayyid and Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level; OR
- Passed Matriculation / Foundation, with 2.00 CGPA and credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level; OR
- Passed UEC with Grade B in five (5) subjects including Mathematics; OR
- Obtained a Diploma in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Information Technology / Information Systems / equivalent, with 2.50 CGPA and Credit in Mathematics at SPM level; candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level may be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment; OR
- Candidates presenting a Diploma in Science and Technology with CGPA 2.50 may be admitted subject to rigorous evaluation and a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level; OR
National2696 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8090 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- RM40,000 - RM45,000
- The fees stated here are for Malaysians or local students only. Kindly refer to MSU regarding the fees for international students
Living costs for Shah Alam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.