Performing Arts worldwide is a multibillion industry, which demands qualified practitioners in a range of positions that encompass the whole creative and production process, from performers to technical staff, from stage direction to communication and management. Our graduates will learn how to become leading voices in this fascinating field, gaining understanding on the dynamics of Creative Industries, and on the social and cultural elements inherent to them. They will have the opportunity of gaining hands-on practice in the process of development and production of music, dance and theatre shows, while developing further understanding in the field of Media and Communication.
This International Communication Studies with Performing Arts (Hons) pathway at The University Of Nottingham Malaysia is particularly intended for students with a passion for Performing Arts (including music, dance and theatre), who want to find solid career options within the field.
An international communications degree is your passport to a variety of rewarding professions. Likely career fields include: the audio-visual, digital and print media industries; marketing; production; public relations; and research.Career paths in these fields include advertising account executives, copywriters and creative roles, news editors, journalists and reporters. Other career options include:arts or heritage administration and management; the civilservice, diplomatic or embassy work and government service; non-governmental organisations, politics and think-tanks; and consultancy, human resources, management and recruitment within the international business environment.
- Culture and Society
- Beginners French, German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin or Spanish (full year)
- Global Music Studies
- Literature and English Drama
- Media and Communication Theory
- Intermediate French, German, Japanese, Korean, Madarin or Spanish (full year)
- Music in Film
- Political Communication, Public Relations, and Propaganda
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media Theatre & Dance View 7 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC, excluding critical thinking and general studies
- IB Diploma 28 points with 5,5,4 at Higher Level
- STPM B+B+B, excluding Pengajian Am
- UEC 1 A and 4 B3s, excluding Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese language
- SAM or other Australian matriculations ATAR 82 (consideration to be made based on relevant subjects)
- Canadian Ontario Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- 77% average based on 6 subjects (consideration to be made based on relevant subjects)
International7063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7063 EUR per year during 36 months.
National5823 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5823 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM29,100 per year,
- Non-Malaysian – RM35,300 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.