This Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Communication Design at Kent State University leads to a professional degree and focuses on intensive work in the visual arts. The BFA degree consists of approximately two-thirds of the coursework in the creation and study of the visual arts, with the remainder in liberal/general studies. Because of the greater emphasis on upper-level studio courses, the BFA degree allows students an opportunity to build greater expertise in a given area of the field. The BFA degree program is for students planning to pursue a career in visual communication design and want to leave Kent State with a strong portfolio.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethics (and legal issues) closely associated with fields of visual communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of traditional hands-on skills relative to craftsmanship. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the basic use of digital technologies as they relate to their areas of study.
- Demonstrate an ability to create visual response to communication problems, including understanding of hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition and construction of meaningful images.
- Design/illustration techniques
- Graphic design
- Graphic design
- Visual ethics
- 3D graphic design
- Motion design
- Professional portfolio BFA design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 2560 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
- A copy of your Passport Biographical Page.
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate/Diploma/Attending Certificate (Certified English translation and original language).
- Secondary School Transcripts/detailed mark sheets (Certified English translation and original language).
International20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
National20799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20799 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11923 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11923 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.