It is always new materials that open the door to new technologies; Materials engineers continue to be at the forefront of all of these and many other areas of science, too. Materials science and engineering influences our lives each time we buy or use a new device, machine, or structure. The definition of the academic field of Materials Science & Engineering stems from a realization concerning every application of materials: it is the properties of the material that give it value. Engineering (Materials) (Hons) is offered at International Islamic University of Malaysia.
Career Prospects:Over the years, the Materials Engineering programme have produced a diverse range of graduates, serving the industry, amongst others, as metallurgists, ceramists, engineers, technologists and specialists in corrosion, failure analysis, quality control, semiconductor fabrication, and various other research and development (R&D) scopes.
Programme StructureCourses overview:
- Your studies commence with the common first year. Completion of the common first year will develop your foundational skills for engineering while you sample from the various branches of engineering.
- In this year you will develop your skills and knowledge of fundamental engineering through completion of practical hands-on design-and-build activities. At the conclusion of first year, after experiencing the fundamentals of each discipline, you nominate your branch of engineering for further study.
- After specialising in the second year you will develop an in-depth understanding of the knowledge, techniques, tools and resources appropriate for your branch of engineering, as well as skills and knowledge of the application of engineering methods required to conduct, design and manage engineering projects.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 30 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least three (3) principal passes in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level (A) Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained in one sitting OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of six (6) subjects obtained in one sitting OR
- Any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above.
Applicants must also have the following subjects taken at the above mentioned examinations (A level, IB or any other equivalent certificates):
- Mathematics (for applicants to all undergraduate programmes offered except for Bachelor of Arabic).
- Two other subjects in the intended field of study.
International4600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2300 EUR per semester during 48 months.
National296 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 148 EUR per semester during 48 months.
- National: RM700
- International: RM 10850
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.