A physical planner deals with the planning of a physical development at a macro scale. These include working on the developments of new townships, regenerating and revitalising of existing urban and rural areas.
At University Sains Malaysia, students in Urban And Regional Planning (Honours) are trained to develop a high intellectual ability in order to be analytical and critical when analysing planning options, making forecasts as well as evaluating planning options. With sustainable development being a key issue, students are exposed to innovative and proactive planning approaches in dealing with physical and socio-economic issues.
Students who have successfully completed this 4 program years will obtain a Bachelor of Urban & Regional Planning, which is a professional degree recognised by the Malaysian Institute of Planners (MIP) and Lembaga Perancang Bandar Malaysia (LPBM). There are wide career opportunities in the field of Urban and Regional Planning, graduates can either opt to work in private firms or government agencies.
- Integrated Studio
- Design Studio
- Principles of Planning
- Methods of Planning Analysis
- Geographic Information System and Computer Aided Design for Planning
- Urban Regional Planning Research Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Urban Planning View 45 other Bachelors in Design in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed 12 years of Primary and High School Education andObtained High School Certificate (eg. A-Level, HSC, SMU, & UAN (Indonesia), Matayom Suksa 6 (Thailand), International Baccalaureate etc.) or
- Diploma in the related field
- Official certificates, transcripts, mark sheets or school report from each secondary or college attended
- Translated copy of certificates (if issued other than English or Malay Language)
- IELTS/TOEFL/MUET/CAE/CPE/PTE/Authorization Letter from an institution in which the medium instruction is English
- Copy of passport (Details page only in A4 size)
- Student Pass (if study in Malaysia)
- Letter of scholarship (if any)
- Receipt of processing fee payment
International4500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for George Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.