A key function of a quantity surveyor in the construction industry is to ensure efficiency in the financial management of building and civil engineering projects. The role of a quantity surveyor in the built environment requires them to work closely with various parties in a project such as professional design consultants, contractors and the developers.
The continuous evaluation of the Quantity Surveying (Honours) programme from University Sains Malaysia by the prestigious Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM) and rigorous accreditation procedures by international associations such as the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS) and The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) to ensure that the students undergo an excellent programme that shapes creativity and innovative skills, sharpens professionalism and heightens confidence.
Since the first batch of student enrolled in 1998, our graduates are in great demand from the construction industry. The programme’s professional recognitions convince potential employers on the high quality of our graduates. Students are often offered employment even before they have officially graduated.
Common work scope of a graduate quantity surveyor is to provide cost plans and estimates of the project, advise on cost-effective solutions in the construction and design methods, produce tender and contract documentation, advise on contractual and procurement matters, monitor and control the construction cost, as well as facilitate disputing contracting parties.
- Integrated Studio
- Principles of Quantity Surveying
- Building Construction I
- Quantity Surveying Studio
- Cost Management
- Principles of Project Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Project Management Environmental Sciences View 3 other Bachelors in Project Management in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed 12 years of Primary and High School Education and
- Obtained High School Certificate (eg. A-Level, HSC, SMU, & UAN (Indonesia), Matayom Suksa 6 (Thailand), International Baccalaureate etc.) or
- Diploma in the related field
- Official certificates, transcripts, mark sheets or school report from each secondary or college attended
- Translated copy of certificates (if issued other than English or Malay Language)
- IELTS/TOEFL/MUET/CAE/CPE/PTE/Authorization Letter from an institution in which the medium instruction is English
- Copy of passport (Details page only in A4 size)
- Student Pass (if study in Malaysia)
- Letter of scholarship (if any)
- Receipt of processing fee payment
International6250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6250 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for George Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.