The objectives of this Music major at University of Michigan are to encourage the study of music as art and culture in the many contemporary and historical contexts of its creation, performance, dissemination, reception, and representation, including an understanding of the relationships and distinctions among the musical cultures of diverse historical epochs, civilizations, and geographical regions.
About the Program
Musical study fosters an awareness of the aesthetic, social, political, religious, and personal values that may be embedded in musical works and practices; an understanding of theoretical approaches to music and the relations between music and other arts and disciplines; and an awareness of the impact of technology on musical creation and production.
- History of Music - Middle Ages to Baroque
- History of Music - Baroque to modern era
- American Musical Soundscapes
- Found Instruments: Building, Design, and Performance
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 2376 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Common Application or Coalition Application with $75 application fee* payment (Please note that both application options include specific University of Michigan questions, and there is no advantage to submitting one over the other.)
- High school transcript (additional requirements by country)
- School Report (Common App) or Counselor Recommendation (Coalition App)*
- One Teacher Evaluation (academic teacher)
- SAT or ACT score
- TOEFL, MELAB, or IELTS scores (for non-native speakers of English)
- Official college transcripts (for high school students dual enrolled in a college or university; additional requirements by country)
International53232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53232 USD per year during 48 months.
National53232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53232 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16178 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.