The Information Technology and Applied Systems - Systems Administration and Networking program from Vancouver Island University combines rigorous theoretical and technical education with hands-on, project-based learning.
Using the most up-to-date curriculum, the ITAS program develops a student's technical skills, as well as teamwork, communications, and project management skills that align with VIU's graduation attributes, to satisfy industry demands for well-rounded, highly employable technology graduates.
The program will cover modern IT systems administration skill sets and set up students for careers in the implementation and management of Information Technology hardware, networks, operating systems, cybersecurity and virtualized cloud computing.
ITAS - Systems Administration and Networking is offered as a two-year diploma program. The program consists of two 4-month terms per year, plus a one month practicum work experience session at the end of the first academic year.
Graduates of the ITAS program will be qualified to work for:
- Internet service providers,
- Network design, installation, and support companies,
- Web development and web-hosting companies,
- Private and public educational institutes and training centres,
- Computer retailers and systems integrators,
- Most companies that use computers, computer networks, and the internet to carry out their business operations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Windows Server Management
- Information Technology Project Management Essentials
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Applied Operating Systems
- Linux Server Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 90 other Bachelors in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vancouver Island University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- graduation from a BC secondary school, or equivalent, with a minimum “C” grade in either English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12;
- previous degree from a recognized university;
- visiting student from a college or university (a “Letter of Permission” from the home institution is required);
- a transfer student from a college or university (at least 24 transferable university-level credits completed);
- academic mature student category: 21 years of age (or will turn 21 during their first semester) and has a minimum “C” grade in either English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12.
- Letter of application describing reasons for wanting to take the program (500 - 1,000 words). Include name and contact information, including email. A handout is available outlining the required content of application letter – see the Admissions Department, or email the Department Chair (see below).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23664 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23664 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5757 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5757 CAD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.