Mathematics is one of the most original products of the human mind. It has many important applications in science, engineering, and statistics, but mathematics is also an important field of study for its own sake.
Throughout history each culture has developed its own mathematics to solve its problems. Today there is an internationally accepted mathematics that is studied and used across the world. With our increasing need for information and technology, mathematics will play an even more important role in most occupations and fields of study. It will also continue to be a critical topic in the history of ideas, documenting fundamental modes of human thought.
The Mathematics course is offered at Mount Saint Vincent University .
Why Take Math and Statistics?
Some students may take math courses which apply only to their individual areas of study. Others may wish to minor or major in the subject and pursue careers in teaching, statistics, computer science, actuarial science, or many other areas. Whether studied for its many applications or for the beauty of its logical structure and expressive power, mathematics will reward the effort of students with a deeper understanding of the world and how it works.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics and Mathematics Preparation
- Precalculus I: Algebraic Functions
- Linear Algebra
- Mathematical Proof
- History of Mathematics
- Topics in Mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
The term used for the Mount’s credit system. 0.5 unit is the equivalent to three semester hours of credit and 1.0 unit is equivalent to six semester hours of credit.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 54 other Bachelors in Applied Mathematics in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you are registered for Math 1102 (Precalculus I) or Math 1113 (Introductory Calculus I) you must take the math placement test regardless of the math you took in high school. The only exceptions to this are:
- If you have an appropriate Mathematics credit from another university
- If you have already completed Math 0020 (College Algebra) or MATH 0027 (Statistics and Mathematics Preparation) if registered for Precalculus
- If you have already completed Math 1102 (Precaluclus) if registered for Introductory Calculus
- British System applicants need grades of A, B or C in five subjects, including two A (Advanced) levels or four AS (Advanced Subsidiary) levels and three O (Ordinary) level courses, or the equivalent in Scottish Highers or Welsh Baccalaureate. Program specific requirements also need to be met.
- Mount Saint Vincent University welcomes applicants holding the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19534 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19534 CAD per module during 48 months.
National8415 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8415 CAD per module during 48 months.
- Nat: (10 courses) $8,415 – $8,833
- Int: (10 courses) $19,534- $19,951
Living costs for Halifax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.