Devise marketing campaigns for top sports brands. Manage community schemes that inspire the next generation to love sport. Organise sponsorship strategies for international sporting events.
Whatever your ambitions, this BSc (Hons) Sport Management degree will help you turn your passion for sport into a career.
- Learn from industry experts with experience in delivering community sports programmes and gain practical skills in everything from events management to entrepreneurship
- Plan and market local sports events such as the Great South Run and work with organisations like the Hampshire FA
- Have the chance to study abroad, go on overseas field trips and take part in research run by institutions such as UEFA, the FA and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
- Train and coach within our extensive sports facilities, including a 100-station gym, fitness studios, and a new sports centre featuring a ski simulator, climbing wall and 8-lane swimming pool
Careers and opportunities
On this course, you'll explore sport’s role in society and how sports management and development can make sport accessible to all, yet the business skills you'll gain will prepare you for a wide range of careers.
When you graduate, you'll be ready to apply corporate, management, financial and marketing knowledge to an exciting career within the sports industry, or any other sector that interests you.
90% of our graduates find work within a year of completing this course, so you can feel confident that what you learn will set you up for the world of work.
What jobs can you do with a degree in sport management?
Our graduates have gone on to roles such as:
- sports development officer
- sports marketing executive
- data analyst
- sponsorship executive
- football coach
- sports agent
- event manager
- strategy manager
- PE teacher
Others have entered more diverse areas of employment, such as sports law, local government, strategic leadership, consultancy and the charity sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules in this year include:
- Introduction to Sport Data Analytics and Insights – 40 credits
- Introduction to Sport, Business and Management – 40 credits
- Psychosocial Perspectives on the Management of Sport and Physical Activity – 40 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 586 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 112-128 points to include a minimum of 2 A levels, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.