After the enormous advances made in the last few years, this is the perfect time to study molecular biology and genetics. You’ll study alongside students from our other biology courses and will have the opportunity to decide how to shape your own degree to reflect the areas of biology you want to explore. This may include specialising medical genetics, biotechnology or agriculture as well as their application in fields such as microbial or plant molecular biology, cellular signalling, and evolutionary biology.
Whichever route you decide to pursue, this flexible Molecular Biology and Genetics programme at the University of East Anglia will give you the chance to enjoy modules from across our diverse range of topics, taught by staff who are experts in their field.
Our graduates have entered careers in pharmaceuticals, food and brewing industries, medical laboratories, forensic sciences, conservation management, environmental assessment, teaching, science communication and more.
- Biological Chemistry
- Cell Biology and Physiology
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Genomes, Genes and Genomics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 427 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBB or ABC including Biology or Human Biology or BBC including grade B in Biology or Human Biology with an A in the Extended Project. Science A-levels must include a pass in the practical element.
- DDM in Applied Science or Applied Science (Medical Science) or Animal Management with Science.
- AABBB including grade B in Biology.
- CCC including Biology.
- 2 subjects at H2 and 4 at H3, including Higher Level Biology.
- Pass the Access to HE Diploma with Merit in 45 credits at Level 3 including 12 Level 3 credits in Biology.
- 70% overall, including 70% in Biology.
- 31 points with HL 5 in Biology.
- You are required to have English Language at a minimum of Grade C/4 or above and Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above at GCSE.
International21700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.