Develop the creative and practical skills needed to manage technical areas of theatrical production. You’ll prepare for a career in theater production management, stage management and technical production.
About this Program
Through this curriculum from Temple University, students gain insight into several areas relevant to theater, including
- production management,
- stage management,
- technical direction and
- various design disciplines.
The Technical Production and Management BFA caps at 12 students per year, which assures the availability of real-world production work for students during Temple’s theater season. You’ll gain the practical knowledge and hands-on experience necessary to pursue a career or master’s degree after graduation.
- Design Drafting;
- Lighting, Sound, and Video Technology;
- Production Practicum;
- Stage Management;
- Technical Direction for the Theater;
- Theater Management;
- Theater Safety and Management;
- The Job Market.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Film, Photography & Media Management, Organisation & Leadership View 2387 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
1. Portfolio: This may mean different things to different applicants. The portfolio should be in .jpeg or .pdf format:
- A Technical Direction student should show process photos, draftings, budgets and production photos.
- A Stage Management student should show a prompt book, blocking notes, reports, schedules and production photos.
- A Production Management student should show schedules, budgets, reports and production photos.
2. Letter of Recommendation: Please provide one letter of recommendation from a professional with whom you have worked in the theater.
3. Goals Statement: Please provide a short statement of intent regarding your career goals. As this program is specifically designed to train Technical Directors, Stage Managers and Production Managers, please discuss where you see yourself working in the professional world.
International31440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31440 USD per year during 48 months.
National31440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31440 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State18168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18168 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.