- To cover fundamentals of Civil Engineering including engineering sciences, mathematics, solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, water resources, environmental sciences, soil mechanics, foundation engineering, transportation and geomatics in a holistic mode
- To emphasize upon developing “thinking” Civil engineers
- To tackle un-orthodox engineering challenges in the field of Civil Engineering
- To focus on innovative research like digital fabrication, innovative structures, new materials, wireless-sensors, modeling and simulation; and the current issue of climate change
The Department Civil Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar offers four types of B.Tech programs that are B.Tech. in Civil Engineering (major), B.Tech. with minor in any other discipline than the major discipline), B.Tech with concentration in Structural Engineering, B.Tech. with honors, and B.Tech with additional internship. Please refer to the UG Handbook for details. Courses offered can be found in Courses Offered.
- Strength of Materials
- Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics
- Computer Aided Building Drawing
- Structural Analysis
- Pipe and Open Channel Hydraulics
- Soil Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Class X certificate and mark sheet.
- Class XII certificate and mark sheet.
- Proof of date of birth (if not mentioned in the Class X certificate).
- Caste certificate wherever applicable.
- JEE 2020 Branch and Institute allotment letter.
- JEE 2020 Admit Card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card of student taking admission.
- Receipt of the fees payment made to JEE at the time of seat confirmation and fees paid to IIT Ropar.
- Income Certificate / Income Affidavit of parents duly attested by First Class Magistrate/ S.D.O./B.D.O./ TEHSILDAR or any other Revenue officer of the district of his/her residence.
International2684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1342 USD per semester during 48 months.
National2684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1342 USD per semester during 48 months.
100 000 Indian rupees per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.