Your first year typically includes a field trip, where you will learn how to read space and place, and begin to think critically about how different urban environments might be experienced.
- The second year develops your understanding of concepts and practices in urban studies and planning. This year typically includes a core field trip, which provides hands-on experience of planning issues. You can also apply to spend this year at one of our international partner universities.
- Before you begin your third year in the Urban Studies and Planning programme from University of Sheffield , you'll have a period of work experience in a local planning office or private sector planning consultancy, looking at how plans are made. All core field trips are funded by the department.
Accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) for the purpose of fully meeting the educational requirements for Chartered Membership and by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Our housing modules are also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH), making the MPlan the only course of its kind in the UK to offer triple professional accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Development, Planning and the State
- Economics for Spatial Planning
- Information and Communication Skills
- The Environmental Challenge
- The Making of Urban Places
- Urban Analytics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning View 276 other Bachelors in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | BBB + B in a social science related EPQ; BBB + B in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 33
- BTEC | DDD in a relevant subject
- Scottish Highers | AAABB
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AB
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject, with 45 credits at Level 3, including 30 credits at Distinction and 15 credits at Merit
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.