You’ll cover most of the same topics as students on our standard Physics courses, and choose modules from the university’s Department of Philosophy that range from religion, ethics and politics, to feminism, art and death, to major thinkers such as Plato, Kant and Hegel.
- In your first two years of the Physics with Philosophy programme at University of Sheffield, you’ll do the essential physics that all of our students cover: heat, motion, electricity, magnetism and quantum mechanics.
- You will also be able to choose from a wide range of optional philosophy modules, which range from religion, ethics and politics, to feminism, the arts and death.
- In practical classes, you’ll run experiments using the equipment in our modern laboratories to help you understand how important theories apply to the real world. In optional programming classes you can learn skills that are key to modern physics and valuable in many graduate careers, from data science to computer game design.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Classical and Quantum Physics
- Special Relativity & Subatomic Physics
- Ethics: Theoretical and Practical
- Formal Logic
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Philosophy & Ethics View 505 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAB, including AA in Maths and Physics + A in a relevant EPQ
- International Baccalaureate | 36, with 6 in Higher Level Maths and Physics
- BTEC | Not accepted
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAAAB + AA in Maths and Physics
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + AA in Maths and Physics
- Access to HE Diploma | Access to HE Diploma in science: 60 credits overall with 45 credits at Level 3, including 39 credits at Distinction (all in Maths and Physics units), and 6 credits at Merit
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
International25670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25670 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.