The Medical Genetics course at University of Sheffield spans human, plant and microbial genetics, genomics, and molecular biology. You’ll explore the genetic basis of cell function and disease, and the structure and expression of genes, inheritance and mutations.
- You’ll also learn about the latest molecular techniques for modifying genes, including CRISPR.
- We'll introduce you to how modern genetics is helping us understand and treat a range of diseases, and tackle global challenges like food sustainability and security.
This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology, which shows employers that you've developed the practical skills and scientific knowledge that they're looking for.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Literature Review
- Genetics Data Handling
- Genome Stability and Genetic Change
- Human Reproduction and Fertility
- Molecular Immunology
- The Genetics of Human Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Genetics View 435 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including Biology and a second science + B in a relevant EPQ; ABB, including Biology and a second science + A in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, with 6, 5 in Higher Level Biology and a second science
- BTEC | RQF: DDD in Applied Science (including modules in Applications of Inorganic Chemistry, Applications of Organic Chemistry and Practical Chemical Analysis
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAABB + AB, including Biology and a second science
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA in Biology and a second science
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject, with 45 credits at Level 3, including 36 credits at Distinction (to include Chemistry and Biology units) and 9 credits at Merit + interview
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.