This Computer Systems Engineering with a Year in Industry course at Royal Holloway University of London will engage you imaginatively in the process of learning through creative hands-on group and individual project based activities, enabling you to develop your independent critical thinking and judgement. As well as the fundamentals of computer technologies and electrical/electronic engineering techniques, you’ll develop an appreciation of how electronics and computer systems engineering is the heart of many systems used on a daily basis, including mobile communications systems, computer system, transport systems, energy systems, software engineering, medical applications, domestic appliances, TV, radio, music studios and gaming devices.
- A degree course structured to develop ingenuity, creativity, invention and product development skills
- Enjoy varied, practical project-led learning.
- Learn in a new building that is purpose-built to support electronic engineering processes.
- Develop your interests through a number of optional modules in your final year.
- Graduate with high employability prospects in a thriving industry.
This degree will equip you with the technical knowledge, practical skills and confident verbal and written communication abilities, as well as transferable decision making skills in new, complex and unpredictable situations in industrial team working, with your experience gained working in an industrial environment. You will graduate with a skillset that will fully meet the demands required for employment in industry, including the development of new ideas, and experience in the application of creativity in solving computer systems engineering problems. You will acquire an awareness of environmental and social issues, investigating new materials and using them in ways that have a beneficial effect on humanity.
- Computer and Network Security
- Software Engineering for Electronics
- Signals, Systems and Communications
- Professional and Sustainable Engineering
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Electronic Circuits and Components
- Programming in C++
- Internet Services
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mathematics Computer Sciences View 116 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels: ABB-BBB
- A-level in Mathematics
- At least five GCSEs at grade A*-C or 9-4 including English and Mathematics.
International21900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.