At the Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education BSc program offered at University of Kentucky, you'll get hands-on experience in our Early Childhood Lab located on campus and other field settings to prepare you to be an effective teacher from the start.
You will learn to develop age-appropriate lesson plans; assess child behavior; plan, implement, and monitor interventions, and assist families. You will learn to consider all aspects of the child's environment - home, school, and neighborhood.
Why choose Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education?
- Our graduates are highly qualified and recruited by schools.
- Gain the advantage of joining the EdLife Scholars Living Learning residential program.
- We partner with top teachers to offer student teaching experiences.
- Learn and grow through travel with student teaching abroad.
- Experience a diverse community with many opportunities to get involved.
Career opportunities in Early Childhood Education:
- Early interventionist
- Pre-Primary Teacher
- Preschool Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Day Care
- Special Education providers for birth through age 5
- Child Development
- Guidance Strategies for Working with Young Children
- Infant Development
- Education in American Culture
- Cultural Diversity in American Children and Families
- Language and Literacy for Young Children
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1594 other Bachelors in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete UK International Application for Undergraduate Admission or Common Application
- $60 Application processing fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts in English
- English proficiency
- Optional tests: ACT / SAT (M+CR) Scores: ACT school code: 1554 | SAT school code - 1837. Required for engineering programs and scholarships
International31608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31608 USD per year during 48 months.
National31608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31608 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12610 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.