The Department of Politics and International Relations at Royal Holloway University of London has a strong commitment to high-quality, cutting-edge research, all of which informs our teaching. We are a research community that applies various theories and methods to the study of domestic, transnational, regional and global politics. We have expertise in African, British, Chinese, European, Middle East, North American and South Asian politics, and our research covers areas such as security, democratisation, youth politics, international diplomacy and political communication, as well as contemporary and radical theories of democracy and power.
- Study with leading experts on Europe, Africa, Asia and North America.
- Study key issues in conflict and security, humanitarian crises and development.
- Be a Model UN delegate or visit an embassy with our student societies.
- The flexibility to specialise in what interests you.
- Work placement opportunities.
Studying in the department you will learn to approach problems in a rigorous, analytical and critical way and to communicate clearly and concisely in speech and writing, all transferable skills that will enable you to work across a variety of exciting roles in the public, corporate and charity sectors.
Graduates from our department work in a range of careers including public affairs, political organisations, journalism, international law and charities. Roles include Ministry of Justice Fast Stream, political analyst at merchant banks, Foreign Office Fast Stream and graduate entry into a wide array of large companies.
- Classic and Contemporary Readings in Politics and International Relations
- Research Methods in Politics and International Relations
- International Relations Theory
- Researching Politics and International Relations: Analysis, Design and Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 262 other Bachelors in Public Policy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Royal Holloway University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Levels: AAB-ABB
- At least five GCSEs at grade A*-C or 9-4 including English and Mathematics.
- All teaching at Royal Holloway is in English. You will therefore need to have good enough written and spoken English to cope with your studies right from the start.
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.