At Photography from American University Washington DC students relate technical developments in the medium to aesthetic and conceptual developments, citing movements and trends that also coincided with a broader art history. Through a final project and exhibition, students delve into a relevant topic of their choice and analyze it through a specific socio-cultural lens.
Students at Photography from American University Washington DC will:
- understand the why and how of photography's adoption by fine artists, commercial studios, and the general public;
- learn about photography's changing role in the greater art world.
- The Artist's Perspective: Drawing
- The Artist's Perspective: Video Art
- The Artist's Perspective: Digital Photography
- Expanded Media Studio: Video and Photography
- Principles of Photography
- Photojournalism and Social Documentary
- Fine Art Photography
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Art History View 1054 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Formal admission to the major requires a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale).
- Common Application or the Coalition Application, including essay
- High School Transcript(s)
- Official SAT and/or ACT Scores (if not Test-Optional)
- The Application Form
- English Proficiency
- Completed application, including essay and CV/Resume
- Application fee of U.S. $75
- Two academic letters of recommendation
International50542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50542 USD per year during 48 months.
National25271 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25271 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State25271 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25271 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.