You’ll study the basis of diseases such as coronavirus and cancer, and tackle challenges such as hearing loss.
- We're proud to be one of only a few universities in the UK to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to perform full body cadaveric dissection, providing you with an excellent foundation for understanding human physiology and developmental biology.
- You’ll study a range of biomedical science modules, with the freedom to explore optional topics from across the breadth of bioscience, including genetics, microbiology, evolution or biochemistry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced concepts in molecular physiology
- Developmental, Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology
- Biology of Stem Cells, Ageing and Cancer
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Neural circuits, behaviour and memory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 132 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including two science subjects + B in the EPQ; ABB, including two science subjects + B in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, with 6, 5 in two Higher Level science subjects
- BTEC | RQF: DDD in Applied Science, Medical Science or Forensic Science; QCF - DDD in Applied Science, Medical Science or Forensic Science + A in a science A Level
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAABB + AB in two science subjects
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA in two science subjects
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in science, with 45 Level 3 credits, including 36 credits at Distinction (all in science subjects) and 9 credits at Merit. Science units can include Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and/or Physics (specific units are required)
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.