We offer a bachelor degree in General Engineering with a Year in Industry at University of Sheffield. While you are responsible for securing your placement, we have a dedicated Engineering Placement Team to help you. They will provide advice and support through the application process and beyond.
- Being accepted onto the year in industry is subject to achieving a satisfactory performance. The year in industry is monitored and assessed by an academic member of staff and will appear on your final degree title.
- We also offer a non-specialist stream, which allows you to continue studying a variety of disciplines. You'll spend your final year studying your chosen stream. The interdisciplinary ethos of your degree will be continued in an advanced research, or industry-led, final-year project.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Electromechanical Energy Transformation
- Further General Engineering Mathematics
- Mechanical and Functional Behaviour of Materials
- Mechanics of Structures
- Process and Product Design
- Systems and Control
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 393 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAA, including Maths and Physics + A in a relevant EPQ; AAA, including Maths and Physics + A in AS or B in A Level Further Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 38, with 6 in Higher Level Maths and Physics
- BTEC | D*DD in Engineering or Applied Science + A in A Level Maths
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAAAA + AA in Maths and Physics
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + A*A in Maths and Physics
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject, with 45 credits at Level 3, including 42 credits at Distinction (to include Maths and Physics or another relevant science) and 3 credits at Merit + grade A in A Level Maths. Applicants are considered individually
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
International26950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26950 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.