In an increasingly complex and challenging world, knowledge and expertise beyond a single discipline is valuable for 21st-century engineers.
- During your first two years in the General Engineering programme from University of Sheffield , you'll study modules across all disciplines and look at engineering in an interdisciplinary context. At the end of year two, you'll choose a specialism from one of our subjects, covering a range of engineering fields.
- We also offer a non-specialist stream, which allows you to continue studying a variety of disciplines. You'll spend year three studying your chosen stream. The interdisciplinary ethos of your degree will be continued in the industry-led final-year project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Interdisciplinary Design
- Electromechanical Energy Transformation
- Process and Product Design
- Thermal & Fluid Engineering
- Systems and Control
- Mechanical and Functional Behaviour of Materials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1126 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAA, including Maths and Physics + A in a relevant EPQ; AAA, including Maths and Physics + A in AS or B in A Level Further Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 38, with 6 in Higher Level Maths and Physics
- BTEC | D*DD in Engineering or Applied Science + A in A Level Maths
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAAAA + AA in Maths and Physics
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + A*A in Maths and Physics
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject, with 45 credits at Level 3, including 42 credits at Distinction (to include Maths and Physics or another relevant science) and 3 credits at Merit + grade A in A Level Maths. Applicants are considered individually
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25670 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.