All our first-year students take part in the faculty's Global Engineering Challenge, working with students from other engineering disciplines to solve a real-world problem.
- All second-year Electronics and Computer Engineering students from University of Sheffield get to work on a week-long project devised by one of our industry partners. You'll also get the chance to work with an engineering company through the Sheffield Industrial Project Scheme.
- In your third year, you'll carry out your own research project, supervised by an academic. You'll start to focus on more advanced topics such as digital signal processing, VLSI design, hardware description languages and operating systems.
- In your final year, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team on a research project led by an academic with industry input.
Our Electronics with Computer Engineering courses are new degree titles and the department is seeing accreditation from the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) which will be backdated to entry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Digital System Engineering
- Electrical Circuits and Networks
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Communication Electronics
- Software Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences View 1060 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics + A in a relevant EPQ; AAB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics + A in AS or B in A Level Further Math
- International Baccalaureate | 36, with 6 in Higher Level Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- BTEC | DD in Engineering or Applied Science + A in A Level Maths
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAAAB + AA in Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + AA in Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject, with 45 credits at Level 3, including 39 credits at Distinction (to include Maths and Physics) and 6 credits at Merit. A Maths test may also be required
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.